The Forestry Careers Guide has been developed by The Royal Forestry Society in partnership with the Forestry Skills Forum.
The Forestry Skills Forum is dedicated to promoting skills and learning across the forestry sector in Britain. Members comprise the leading authorities, charities, companies, educational institutions and training providers. They represent all areas of the sector, including course providers, funders, employers and research centres, and include specialists in primary, secondary, further and higher education.
The Forestry Skills Forum was formerly called the Forestry Learning and Development Working Group.
The purposes of Forestry Skills Forum are:
- Agree actions across the forestry sector on priority skills and education issues;
- Share information and resources among members of the Forestry Skills Forum;
- Advocate and promote education, learning and development in British forestry.
The primary objectives of Forestry Skills Forum are:
- Support the development and delivery of a Skills Action Plan;
- Challenge and encourage the industry and employers to take the lead with the skills and learning agenda;
- Inform and influence qualification development and professional/educational interaction;
- Represent the sector on education, learning and development issues.
View our latest publications below: